includes six metal Mortars, eighteen metal Gun Crew, six plastic four-hole bases, two base plug sprues and one Unit card.
Mortars fire in a high arc, dropping a high explosive bomb down onto the enemy's positions.
The 81mm M1 Mortar was developed from the French Brandt design first developed during WWI. The U.S government purchased the manufacturing rights in the late 1930s. The 81mm could be broken down into its three basic components for transport: the tube, the mount and the baseplate. The 81mm mortar’s range varied depending on the type of shell used, up to a maximum of 3,290 yards. The 60mm M2 Mortar was developed from experience with the 81mm Mortar and used where the need for a lighter alternative was important.
Each round was fin stabilized in flight causing it to strike fuse-end first. Removable increments between the fin blades were used to adjust the range the projectile was thrown.
To fire the projectile it is dropped down the barrel, fin end first, the primer strikes the fixed firing pin which detonates the primer and ignition cartridge (inserted in the base of the round), which in turn ignites the propellent increments, forcing the round out of the barrel, carrying the primer and cartridge with it and readying the mortar for the next round.
Comparing weight and size of the weapon to the destruction they delivered to the target, mortars are very efficient. As ’the infantry’s artillery’, they provided small infantry units artillery-like fire support when artillery either was not available, or could not be moved forward fast enough.
Mortar Platoon x 1
Schreiben Sie die erste Kundenrezension!
Finnish Infantry Platoon and Company Command team
Light infantry platoon ~ 4 SMG Squads and Kapteeni Lauri Törni: 1 officer, 1 Kapteeni Törni, 5 NCOs, SMG man with AT Grenade, 8 SMG men, 24 Riflemen, 2 small and 8 medium bases
The Jääkäri were Finland’s elite light infantry. The Jääkäri troops were initially Finnish volunteers served with the Germans, training as Jägers (elite light infantry), during World War One as the Royal Prussian 27th Jäger Battalion. They fought on the northern flank of the eastern front from 1916.
Nimrod Self-propelled Anti-aircraft tank
The Hungarians adopted the Swedish Landsverk L-62 anti-aircraft tank design in 1940. It was seen as a duel purpose weapon that could serve in both the anti-tank and anti-aircraft role. It shared many common features with the Toldi tank (L-60), which the Hungarians were already producing.The Hungarians purchased one Swedish built L-62 in 1940 and tested it with the mobile troops who were generally pleased with its performance and the MÁVAG Company brought the licence to produce it in 1940. The Hungarians made a few improvements to the original L-62 design.