Tiger Heavy Tank Platoon
includes two plastic Tiger (8.8cm) tanks, one Decal sheets and one Unit card.
The massive Tiger tank was planned to be in service for the Battle of El Alamein. Technical problems delayed its arrival in North Africa until later in the year when they were shipped to Tunisia to fight there. They fought alongside the Afrika Korps in the Battle of Kasserine Pass.
The Tiger (8.8cm)
The Tiger first underwent development when specifications for a new heavy tank were sent out to various manufacturers. It was to mount a gun that penetrated 100mm of armour at a 1500m and also be able to withstand return fire from similar weapons. Henschel developed the VK3601, but this design was to have a squeeze bore weapon, which had to be abandoned due to the lack of an adequate supply of tungsten for the ammunition. The VK3601 was quickly adapted to mount the 8.8cm KwK36 gun, which had already made itself famous in the anti-tank role as the FlaK 36.
The order to start the final design was issued on 26 May 1941. Henschel was to develop the chassis while Krupp developed the turret. Porsche’s version was also still under development and Krupp was also to provide the turret for this. Rheinmetall also developed a turret mounting the 7.5cm KwK L/70 gun (later to become famous as the Panther’s gun) but this was abandoned in favour of the 8.8cm mounts.
The Production model Henschel Tiger I E had 100mm of front armour on both its hull and turret, 80mm on its rear and sides, and 25mm of top armour. None of the armour was particularly well sloped, but it had lots of it. It 8.8cm gun had already proved itself in combat as a lethal anti-armour weapon.
The first Tigers issued went to the newly assembled men of 502nd Schwere Panzerabteilung, who were quickly sent to the Leningrad front in August 1942. Tigers also made an appearance in North Africa in late 1942, much to the disturbance of the allied soldiers who ran into them, many of the legends surrounding the Tiger spring from these first encounters.
Plastic Tiger (8.8cm) Sprue (x2)
Plastic Tank Commander Sprue (x1)
Decal Sheet (x1)
Tiger Heavy Tank Platoon (x1)
Schreiben Sie die erste Kundenrezension!
with three Jäger Squads, one HQ section with Panzerknacker / Panzerfaust upgrades.
The Gebirgsjäger or mountain troops were light infantry trained for mountain warfare. Due to the terrain they operated in, the traditional support available to the regular infantrymen of the German Army such as heavy artillery or tanks were not available to the Gebirgsjäger.
Gebirgsjäger Anti-tank Group
includes three Command SMG teams, one Observer Rifle team, six Anti-tank gun crews, four Small thre-hole bases & six Large five-hole bases.
The Panzerjägerkompanie of the Gebirgsjäger Regiment was armed with both 3.7cm PaK36 and 5cm PaK38 guns by 1944.
Schwere Panzerabteilung Numbers Tiger Abt. 1 Decals