Panther Tank Platoon (GBX126) includes two resin and plastic Panther tanks, one plastic Tank Commander sprue and three Unit cards.
Operation Citadel was delayed to allow time for the Panther tank to make its way to the front Though a high priority was put on the new tank production was delayed due to a lack of specialized machine tools needed for the hull. The first tanks came off the production line in December 1942. The long 7.5cm gun and 100mm of frontal armour on the Panther easily outperformed Allied or Soviet tanks on the field, giving the German crews a sense of invulnerability. The Panther was the most formidable of the German medium tanks and packed one hell of a punch. It was armed with the 7.5cm Rheinmetall KwK42 (L/70). It carried 79 rounds in the tank.
While the KwK42 didn’t quite have the same reputation as the 88 it was, nonetheless, one of the most powerful tank guns of the war. It had a large propellant charge and the long barrel gave it a very high muzzle velocity and excellent armour-penetration.
Contents Panther Tank Track Sprue (x2) Plastic Tank Crew (x1) Panther Tank Hull & Turret
Unit Cards Ghost Panzers Formations and Movement Orders (x1) Panther Tank Company HQ (x1) Panther Tank Platoon (x1)